Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Friday, January 29, 2016

#Blast From The #Past! ;-)



Hey Everyone!! :-)

What with Taken By The Huntsman winning the Paranormal Romance Guild's Reviewer's Choice Awards last weekend, I got to feeling nostalgic today, so I thought I'd share a short passage with you.  Hope you enjoy it! :-)

Excerpt:
The Erlking debated not telling her, but he thought it better to be open with her now and not risk her accusing him of trying to deceive her later. “I have a power held in trust for my Anamchara, it is called 'the Scath.' Once bestowed on you, it will protect you from harm.”

“Will it make you weaker to give me this power?”

“No. This is not a power I can use; only one I can transfer to another. One other. You.”

“Then, why won’t it make me happy to hear about it?”

The Erlking sighed. “I believe you will accuse me of trying to trick you, but I swear to you I speak the absolute truth. The only way to transfer the Scath to you is during sex.”

Cassie studied Cadeyrn’s face. He was right, it did sound like a line to get her into bed. But she didn’t see any sign of deception in his eyes. Of course, that might just mean he was a terrific liar. After all, several hundred thousand years of practice was likely to give a person the opportunity to perfect all kinds of skills.

“So, in order to leave this castle, I have to sleep with you first?”

“Yes. That is the only way you will be safe.”



Taken by the Huntsman




No comments:

Post a Comment