Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Sunday, January 24, 2016

#Meet Elizabeth Horton-Newton!! :-)


Hey Everyone!! :-)

Today, I want to introduce you to a fabulously talented author and an all-around terrific lady! :-)  Elizabeth Horton-Newton is the author of View From The Sixth Floor and Riddle.  I've just finished reading View From The Sixth Floor, and I have to say it's fantastic.  I'll post my review of it below, but in short, I definitely recommend you check it out! :-)  It's not my usual genre, but I was so hooked, I blew through it in just a couple days.  It's that good!

As for Elizabeth herself, she's an awesome person.  She's tremendously supportive in the indie community.  You may have seen her blog, Between The Beats, where she posts many reviews for other indie authors.  If not, please take a few minutes to check it out, it's worth a look:  http://elizabethnnewton.com/

You should also take a moment to check out her books.  You can find them on Amazon, along with an anthology she's a part of:


And you can find her at https://twitter.com/redqueenliz if you'd like to follow her.  Like I said, she's really great, and her tweets are definitely worth a look-see. :-)

At any rate, I hope you check out this wonderful author, especially if you're looking for a fun, new read! :-)

My Review of View From The Sixth Floor:
After losing her husband, Livvy is trying to find a way to fill her time and distract herself from her loss. A series of serendipitous events piques her curiosity and leads her to make a trip to Dallas. But even in her wildest imaginings, she never would have guessed what would happen there!

This is an interesting take on the assassination of JFK, and a great addition to the "What-If" collection of stories. I really enjoyed this book for a number of reasons. For one thing, there is a romance plotline that centers around people in their late 50s. This is a population that is often left out of romantic fiction, and I'm always glad to see diversity added to popular media. Also, I learned quite a few things about JFK's presidency and that time period in American history, and I'm always glad to find a painless way to educate myself. The story moved quickly and was quite suspenseful. I found myself flipping pages as fast as I could read them, just to find out what happened next! All-in-all, I would definitely recommend this book for anyone who enjoys well-developed tales full of complex characters. :-)




Thank you everyone for stopping by today, and don't forget to check back tomorrow for the latest installment of Mistral Dawn's Musings! :-)


2 comments: